Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My Favorite Time of the Day

Hands down has to be right before bedtime. I love the time I get to read to my son and rock him to sleep. The quietness and joy of the moment brings me to tears at times.

It is absolutely the BEST thing in the world. I am so in love with my son and love being a mother. I've honestly never felt a love like this before and it's terrifying. A piece of my heart will always be with Mason and it has changed me forever.

Once my son is asleep, I just watch him. I revel in the way his eyelashes curl up, the way his cute lips purse and the way his chubby cheeks feel against my hand. It is the best feeling in this world and indescribable. Now I know why women continue to give birth over and over again. Because the feeling you get when you're with that baby is absolute BLISS.

1 comment:

  1. Don't they look so peaceful and angelic when their asleep? I think Tristan had a night terror last night :( He screamed and started to cry out of no where, but was asleep at the same time then it went away.

    ReplyDelete