Friday, August 12, 2011

Time

Where has the time gone? I still remember being 36 weeks pregnant and leaving work for the last time to start my maternity leave. I was ecstatic! I felt like a kid who just started summer. 6 months felt like it would be FOREVER.

I remember my husband picking me up from work for my non-stress test and then going out to dinner after. I was so happy.

Those weeks before Mason was born dragged a bit but I remember enjoying that time and getting a prenatal massage, a mani/pedi, catching up on trashy TV shows, getting his nursery ready (which he STILL does not use haha), SLEEPING and spending time with the dogs.

Now it's been EXACTLY 6 months that I've step outside of my work doors and I am scheduled to return to work next Wednesday. I now have a 5 month old soon who wakes me up every morning by "singing" to me.

My husband has a new job and is away from Mason and I on most nights and though I am thankful for that job, I miss my husband.

We also only have 1 dog now instead of 2. But that's another story.

I remember my friend telling me, "Your life will never be the same after you have your baby".

And she's right, My life hasn't been the same. I have another beautiful life that I am responsible for. I know how precious life is and the miracle that I have been blessed with.

It's crazy how time flies. I wish I could stop it for once and just sit here and hug my precious little boy. He is growing up too fast.

One thing is for sure. I am enjoying the PRESENT moment. Because that's exactly what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment