Thursday, October 13, 2011

True Love

My husband and I will be celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary in less than a week.

I can't believe it. The time went by in a flash and we've been together for over 11 years and now have the cutest baby boy to show for our love.

I don't know how we'll celebrate but we definitely want to go out to dinner and then come home to cuddle with Mason and just relax.

It's crazy how much our marriage has changed since we've had a baby. Our time with each other is now so limited because our baby is given our full attention. We've only gone on 2 "dates" without Mason, one was for a wedding and another was to celebrate a good friends 9 year wedding anniversary. I love my husband - I do! But I remember watching Grey's Anatomy a few weeks ago and Meredith ended the show with a quote, I'll never forget, "You think that true love is the only thing that can crush your heart, the thing that will take your life and light it up or destroy it...but then you become a mother."

The quote is so true really. I love my husband but my love for my child is so intense, I can't explain it. My heart is so full and bright now that I have my baby. But it also now very vunerable and it's kinda frightening really.

I truly madly love my little boy and of course my husband who gave me this adorable child. Happy Anniversary to my Hero. It's been quite a ride but I would not want to experience this with anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment